My first day on the coast includes a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (a long time favorite of mine) where I am reminded of our fascination with life underwater.
One of the many quotes in the aquarium that reminds us of our interconnectedness with the ocean.
I choose to prepare for my trip by staying up watching surf videos, of girl surfers, surf competitions, and big wave pipeline action.
This morning as we packed up the car to head up the coast to San Francisco I spotted a group of surfers on the horizon.
We walked down to the beach and got a closer look at the line up and breaks. It's not pipeline but they seemed to be enjoying themselves, which Maia will remind me for the next few weeks is what matters most.
Ready to get in the water and experience the wave of the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment